• 283 Games/315 Goals for Bentleigh Football Club 1968-88
• First Bentleigh Player to play 250 Games
• Bentleigh Football Club Senior Premiership Player 1968
• Bentleigh Football Club Reserve Premiership Player x 3 1978, 1981-82
• Bentleigh Football Club President 1980-92, 2009-15
• Bentleigh Football Club Secretary 1993
• Bentleigh Football Club General Manager 1995-98
• Bentleigh Football Club Inaugural Member of Hall of Fame 1993
• Bentleigh Football Club Most Consistent Player x 3 1974, 1979, 1981
• Bentleigh Football Club Best Club Person x 3 1980, 1987, 2010
• Bentleigh Football Club Life Member 1979
Garry Matlock’s contribution to Bentleigh Football Netball Club has been rewarded with induction into the SFNL Hall of Fame. Matlock started playing at Bentleigh the year he turned 21, and by the end of that season he was one of many youngsters in a senior premiership side.
"To win a premiership in the first year was fantastic. I thought, how easy is this. But I can tell you what. That was 1968. Bentleigh seniors never won a Grand Final again until 1990," Matlock said. However, Matlock played in three reserves premierships.
Despite the lack of a second taste of the ultimate success as a senior player, Matlock’s passion for the club has never wavered. He went on to play 283 games for Bentleigh in a career that did not end until 1988, and was the first to reach the 250- game milestone for the club.
Matlock was a versatile player, spending time at centre half back, centre half forward and full forward, and finished with 315 goals to his name.