On behalf of the 2021 committee, we would like to communicate the latest information in relation to what is happening within the club and the remainder of the 2021 season.
Firstly, we need to acknowledge all our current BFNC sponsors for 2021. Our journey this year could never have happened without your ongoing support, more so than ever before without the club being able to fundraise by holding our normal events that have been continually cancelled or postponed due to the ongoing interruptions relating to the ongoing Covid 19 Pandemic.
To our Premiership Club members, your support has been integral.
Furthermore, we thank all players including, women and men’s football and along with our netball teams for their persistence and loyalty throughout season 2021.
It has been a difficult year for all.
Thank you to the coaches and support crew of all our teams and the committee who have worked tirelessly throughout this season to date to ensure our playing groups have been prepared to compete at their best during a difficult and interrupted season.
The future of the BFNC is extremely bright, and we are the envy of every club with our comprehensive and successful juniors, our Under 19s and our transition to senior footy program. The growth of our women’s teams in both Football and Netball again this season has made this club a strong inclusive community sporting club that every member, supporter, and sponsor can be very proud of.
Highlights of the season so far:
• The only Division 1 side to defeat Dingley this season and only going down by a goal in the return game that was commented as one of the best games of Southern Footy seen in a long time.
• In 2021 we witnessed 12 under 19s representing our senior men’s team.
• Our Division B3 Netball Team finished in second place and will play off in the finals.
• Both our Under19 teams will also play off in the finals with both teams finishing on top of the ladder in their respective divisions. The immediate direction of the football department is about these boys having success together considering what they have gone through together over the last 20 months as a group.
Our continued growth in our netball ranks being driven by Steph and Olivia who have done an amazing job driving the culture and the enjoyment of being part of our netball program.
Our development program with our youth and our Under 19’s a tribute to Liam and the overall buy in of all coaches and assistants involved in getting this program up and running as this program will only get better and stronger in the coming seasons. The people involved know who you are and have all done a magnificent job.
To all our new parents and supporters that have come on board this season, the club is tracking in the right direction in striving to be an organisation that you as a member/supporter can be very proud of. The club is developing a Strategic Plan for the next 5 years that will underpin and reflect our core values and the direction of the club to be one of the premier sporting clubs in the Southern Football Netball League. We look forward to your continued support over the coming years.
On a sad note, we have 2 of our committee members resigning at seasons end. Sarah Radlow will be stepping down as our communications media officer. Sarah in the short time she has been involved in the club has done an amazing job in getting our media platforms to a standard that is the envy of the league. Sarah will be focusing her attention on her career in sports administration and marketing as she continues her bachelor's degree. We take this opportunity to wish Sarah all the best and thank her for her contributions to the club.
The second member is our President Paul Dimattina. Covid has had a big impact on a lot of people in our community especially owners of businesses this pandemic has put more stress on being able to manage through this difficult time let alone run a Football Netball Club. Paul has resigned as President at seasons end so he can focus his energies on his business and personal life. Paul will not be lost to the club and will still be involved with the Dragon Club in some form in 2022. There will be more communication regarding this announcement over the next couple of months. We wish Paul all the best during these trying times.
In the hope that the SFNL can put a final Series together I would hope that the whole club gets behind our Netball and our Under 19s teams as they have left no stone unturned to bring the silverware to Bentleigh.
Finally, once we can get around each other again with a function we will do so ASAP. Please keep up to date with our communications on our media streams in relation to upcoming events.
Look out, reach out, and shout out for each other through these uncontrollable times.
The Bentleigh FNC family is strong.
BFNC Committee 2021
Season Update from the SFNL
We have made the following decisions in relation to finishing season 2021 as per options supplied below.
- We are still committed to playing a final series if we can
- All grades, all divisions, both Football & Netball will revert to a top 4 only
- We have allowed a week for training when and if we come out of lockdown
- Finals will be played over a 2-week block for all grades, 1 v 4 & 2 v 3 and the winners to play in the Grand Final
- We have also booked Friday 24th Sept (Public Holiday) and Sunday 26th Sept as a contingency as per the table below
- Should we get to this weekend only (24/26th) we will play a 1 v 2 Grand Final
- Should we not play at all, the Final ladder placings to determine the promotion and relegation of Clubs for 2022